I haven’t written a blog post in around 3 months, since January! I’ll tell you why and it’s all because I missed a flight.
I like to write about my current events and when I got the opportunity to visit Dublin, Ireland with a friend in early January, I jumped on it. I loved Dublin: the walking tour, the pub crawl accompanied by musicians, the Irish pubs, Gaelic all around, the layout of the city, attending Mass, I could go on and on. The thing that I’ve learned recently about myself is that while I like to be punctual and being organized in day-to-day life, I don’t enjoy planning holidays. I’m up for exploring but I just don’t want to make any decisions when on vacation-mode.
 |
| The BEST used bookstore. This was a tiny shot of the kid's section! |
So when I was going to catch the bus to return to the airport, I knew I was late. It went from “oh no” to “OH NO” by the time I missed the bus, joined the 30 minute security line-up, and then ran to the gate. As it turns out, I missed my flight by at least 45 minutes!!
 |
| Like a postcard |
I was beside myself but my voice of reason (he goes by the name of Sonny) was so calm and supportive. I ended up extending my stay by 2 days because of full flights and it was easy to book the hotel that I had just left. Missing my flight turned out to be the BEST "worst thing" that I have done. I was able to go on a day trip to the Cliffs of Moher and the drive was full of breathtaking sites.
 |
| The breathtaking Cliffs of Moher |
Now to go back to the question as to why I have not written about this adventure sooner: I was embarrassed and fixated on my "failure". Thank goodness, I finally realized that it was actually an amazing chance to see more of Ireland. You have to look for windows of opportunity instead of focussing on closed doors.
 |
| My return flight : ) |
What an incredible trip! Nice eay to look at it too. You are so fortunate!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you were able to join me. And I'll admit I am jealous of your extra days and tour to the cliffs!
ReplyDelete