Moving? Already?
It's official... I've reached "limbo" state - when I'm getting excited about our upcoming move but oh so disappointed to be leaving where I currently am.
 |
| Cruising on the Queen Mary 2, across the Atlantic |
 |
| No matter where I travel, Sonny is always "around" |
 |
| So many places we've seen, including Antalya, Turkey |
Riga has been such a fantastic experience. I'm really surprised at how quickly I felt at home here. I will not sugar-coat it, it did take a fare amount of adjusting and when I finally started to settle in, our next move was already in the works (you should have seen me in December!!).
 |
| A day visit to Kuldiga |
For this posting, I have volunteered a lot more and because of that, I have met so many interesting people! The International Women's Club of Riga has been fantastic (so many professional ladies), the charity work has been great for my soul, and having time to volunteer in G's school has kept me connected with where he spends most of his days (children grow up so fast, as the cliché goes). I really didn't expect to connect with so many Canadian ladies. It's funny to think that I had to travel to Latvia to discover new Canadian friends. I do take solace in the fact that there's a good chance that I'll see many of these new-found friends in a few years time.
 |
| I walk by this view every day with the dog. |
 |
| Sometimes things don't need to make sense |
The pendulum swings. We were in Ottawa last July, moved to Riga last summer, and this July, we will be in Kingston.
 |
| Ottawa |
 |
| I still cannot believe I live HERE! |
We found a new place to call home and G's new school was great (phew!) but most importantly, we received such a warm welcome. Sonny's work will be a great environment, the military wives choir is going to be terrific (I smile when I think of singing again), and I can't wait to reconnect with the friends that are in Kingston. We moved away from Kingston 10 years ago so it feels like coming home.
 |
| Any house can become a home. Our new Kingston home. |
I am on an emotional roller coaster these days. I asked G how I can be sad and happy & excited at the same time. He responded with, "that's what life is about, mum". That's absolutely right, G, there would be no rainbows without some rain.
 |
| Sunset in Zambia |
We'll put!!!!♥️
ReplyDelete